- IN PICTURES: NYU Schack Capital Markets ConferenceFor more than five decades, the NYU School of Professional Studies Schack Institute of Real Estate Capital Markets Conference in Real Estate has been one of the industry’s most prominent forums on the state of commercial real estate capital markets and investment activity. Each year, the Conference brings together industry leaders for a vigorous debate […]
- More than half US households helmed by 50+More than half of US households are now headed by someone 50 or over, according to a report by the Harvard Joint Center for Housing Studies. And the living arrangements, financial resources, health, and functional abilities of those households will present serious challenges in the years to come. The new report cautions that baby boomers, […]
Fraud & Forensic Accounting
- News You Can’t UseSSFS 1 Announced at AICPA FVS Conference The AICPA just announced the upcoming Statement on Standards for Forensic Services (SSFS 1) engagements. In this article, C. Zachary Meyers offers readers a sneak peek into the three key areas of interest. So, the word on the preverbal block is that the AICPA just announced the upcoming […]
- Exercising Due Professional CareObtaining Adequate Information in Small Business Valuations As valuation professionals, one of the challenges we face in valuing small businesses is the quality of the financial information provided by the subject company. The NACVA professional standards require members to exercise due professional care and obtain sufficient relevant data to prepare a conclusion, recommendation, or position. […]
- 12 things we know about the Amazon deal, so farAmazon will split its HQ2 into two sites and build new offices in Long Island City and Arlington, Virginia after a year of bidding wars from cities across the country. The $5 billion investment... To view the full story, click the title link.
- For shareholders' sake, the financial-services industry desperately needs reformLast month in New York City, at the Council of Institutional Investors' , investment insiders gathered to discuss nuances in corporate governance. That might elicit a yawn, but issues on the agenda... To view the full story, click the title link.