- JEMB tops out new Brooklyn office towerJEMB Realty Corporation (JEMB) has topped out 1 Willoughby Square (1WSQ), the class-A office development rising in Downtown Brooklyn. To commemorate the milestone, JEMB hosted an honorary ribbon cutting ceremony attended by some of the project’s collaborators, including architect FXCollaborative, builder Gilbane Building Company and exclusive leasing agent, Newmark Knight... The post JEMB tops out […]
- Builders picked for affordable co-living trialThe City has selected three developers to pilot a new affordable shared housing program. Shared housing is considered housing units consisting of two or more independently occupied rooms that share a kitchen and/or bathroom. The selected proposals were submitted by Ascendant Neighborhood Development and Ali Forney Center; L+M Development Partners... The post Builders picked for […]
Fraud & Forensic Accounting
- Terminal ValueThe Problem with Exit Multiples Most of an Income Approach-based valuation is frequently in the terminal value. Thus, an Income Approach-based valuation that relies on an exit multiple to arrive at a terminal value is essentially a Market Approach-based valuation in disguise. Many practitioners do not use an exit multiple to arrive at a terminal […]
- Some TrendsExpert Witness Industry Revenues IBISWorld, an economic and industry source used by valuation and damages professionals, issues an economic report on the expert witness industry. In this article, Michael Pakter, an expert, discusses industry revenue trends—which are mixed—and also how that may affect current and prospective valuation and damages experts. Introduction IBISWorld defines the expert […]
- City working its way through statue repairsTo view the full story, click the title link.
- Northeast governors mull cannabis, vaping standardsTo view the full story, click the title link.