- Senior housing development tops out in Hunts Point, Bx.In Hunts Point in the Bronx, a unique approach to development currently under construction — and featuring a design by multifamily experts RKTB Architects — will soon bring much-needed affordable rental options to this residential-industrial neighborhood. The 102,000 s/f residence which recently topped out at 700 Manida Street will offer... The post Senior housing development […]
- Drug abuse treatment center building 180 units of housing in BrooklynSTART Treatment & Recovery Centers, a substance abuse treatment nonprofit, Delshah Capital and OTL Enterprises have launched the first phase of construction for 22 Chapel Street — a residential tower that will contain START’s headquarters and bring more affordable housing to Downtown Brooklyn — with a ceremonial groundbreaking. Upon completion in... The post Drug abuse treatment […]
Fraud & Forensic Accounting
- Fair Market Value Considerations for Rural Health ClinicsRegulatory Issues (Part IV of V) As discussed in the first installment of this five-part series, rural health clinics (RHCs) are statutorily-created entities, established via the Rural Health Clinic Service Act of 1977. These providers face a range of federal and state legal and regulatory constraints, which affect their formation, operation, and transactions. This installment […]
- Leading with Your HeartHow to Avoid Romance of the Deal through Cold-Hearted Diligence This paper attempts to address these issues while presenting summary critical considerations that can and do mitigate the likelihood of unintended consequences and deals that fail to deliver. Specifically, it will speak to how advisors and buyers can verify and substantiate the most critical and […]
- Yeshiva University hit with sexual abuse lawsuitThirty-eight former students of an Orthodox Jewish school in New York City operated by Yeshiva University sued Thursday over claims they were molested by two prominent rabbis in the 1960s, '70s and... To view the full story, click the title link.
- Body of missing chef of Grand Central Terminal restaurant found in QueensThe body of Andrea Zamperoni, a chef at a popular restaurant in New York's Grand Central Terminal who went missing last weekend, has been found at a hostel in Queens. Police say the 33-year-old man... To view the full story, click the title link.